Occupational Health Manager
- Department: Occupational Health Clinic
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Hospital: Ascension St. Vincent's Occ Health Clinic
- Location: Hoover, Alabama
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
**Benefits can vary. Please note, your Talent Advisor can provide specifics to the role should you have questions.
Manage associate and occupational health activities, workflow and staffing resources within designated regional ministry markets.
- Provide regulatory and accreditation requirements to and collaborate with ministry governance committees as needed.
- Oversee record keeping and reporting processes on system platforms utilized to store records.
- Provide leadership and direction for development and implementation of initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluation of staff.
- Provide assistance to Workers Compensation function regarding accommodated duty, restricted duty, disability leave, return to work and associate safety.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent's employs over 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 122 years. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities at one of our five hospitals and several other healthcare facilities including an outpatient wellness facility that offers medical, imaging, fitness, nutrition and spa services.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.