- Core Values*
- D*edication *E*nthusiasm *S*ynergy *I*ntegrity *G*oal-oriented *N*imble
- Job Summary*
The Safety Manager is responsible for providing overall management and oversight of the company’s safety, health, and environmental programs including the implementation of policies and programs to ensure a safe and health workplace.
- Essential Job Duties*
- Develops, implements, and monitors safety and health programs to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develops and / or provides appropriate safety and health training.
- Fosters a culture of safety awareness, accident prevention, and compliance.
- Investigates and documents all accidents, injuries, and near misses for employees and customers.
- Assists management and supervisors in developing measures to prevent the recurrence of accidents, injuries, and near misses.
- Performs regular inspections of workplaces to assure a safe and healthful condition for workers; prepares appropriate notices for management regarding identified issues.
- Develops and administers recognition systems to promote safe and healthful work performance.
- Acts as head of Safety Committee which includes creating meeting agenda and activities monthly.
- Records and submits all required documentation regarding accident and injury reporting on a timely basis including internal reporting, OSHA, and worker's compensation carrier.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and / or pollutants, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental, or closely related field, preferred. Professional certification is a plus.
- Three or more years of safety experience preferred. Experience in manufacturing, distribution, or retail required.
- Multi-state and multi-location experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures, and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills with an ability to communicate to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- CPR and first aid training / certification preferred.
- Safety, health, and environmental compliance
- Safety training
- Safety investigation, auditing, and reporting
- Inspection program compliance
- Training hours completion rate
- OSHA recordables
- Lost time cases
All employees are expected to always act in a safe manner and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. At all times working safely is a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; occasional walking and frequent use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
reaching with hands and arms; occasionally climb stairs, balance; stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus (correctable) and detect color differences.
Hearing abilities include the ability to hear clearly while working in person or on telephone (correctable).
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with alternating periods of moderate to high stress.
There is some exposure to temperature extremes and dust in the warehouse / plant environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type : Full-time %58047475%
Last updated : 2022-11-10