Site Reliability Engineering Manager Linux Open to Remote
The SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER manages all production assets for each product. This position s responsibilities include: batching, upgrading, deploying new servers, organizing the teams workload, supporting engineering efforts, compliance, uptime, and performance monitoring. You ll be responsible for prioritizing, organizing and leading your team on the execution of all work. The SRE MANAGER assesses operational capabilities and performance to ensure the on-time delivery of quality products and services to all customers, both internal and external.
The SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEERING MANAGER reports to the VP of Platform Engineering.
- Sets and helps team understand performance targets and goals
- Evaluates and provides real-time feedback on performance
- Trains and/or ensures that team is properly trained for their specific roles
- Coordinates on-call rotation
- Coordinates training for staff
- Assists in resolving emergencies, such as a infrastructure or software outages
- Manages headcount and makes staffing decisions related to new hires and terminations
- Oversee progress in achieving operational/production goals and objectives, especially with respect to quality, cost, and customer service
- Take the responsibility for uptime, data accuracy, and integrity
- Interact with Engineering Leads to assure alignment between teams
- Maintain business continuity for all production assets
- Ensure proper planning and prioritization using agile practices.
- Ensure operations are in full compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Be a technical escalation point for your team
- Provide weekly reports on system availability, response, and capacity.
- Manage on-call rotation among team members
- < 5% Travel Required
- Budget Responsibilities include ensuring fiscal responsibility for Hosting and Software licensing
- Solid foundation in the following technologies:
- Web Servers (NGiNX / PHP / Traefik / F5)
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Containerization Systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Dynos)
- Caching technology (Redis / rabbitmq )
- Strong security mindset and experience implementing security controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Bachelor s degree - technical discipline preferred; OR equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing globally distributed team members
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a site reliability engineering capacity
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Bachelor s degree - technical discipline preferred
- Four (4+) years of technical lead experience
- Four (4) to five (5) years of experience in a site reliability engineering capacity
- Strong observability experience with Monitoring Technologies, creating custom checks, and managing alert profiles and escalation policies. (OpenTelemetry, Instana, LogicMonitor, PagerDuty, OpsGenie)
- Experience with Tooling (GitLab CI, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Experience with SOC, PCI, GDPR standards and regulations
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Atlassian Suite, etc.)
- Experience developing or supporting Java, php, or node applications
- Experience automating repetitive tasks
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. These perks are only for our full time team members. Some of our favorites include:
Flexible paid time off Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options Monthly fitness reimbursement 401(k) matching New-Parent Paid Leave 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years Casual work environments Remote work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.