Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Linux)
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a role for the motivated coder/hacker/engineer who wants to solve problems at the root cause, in an elegant and sustainable way. You will be an instrumental part of our TechOps team, which exists to build and support the foundational tools that our product teams use to build products our customers love and trust. We care deeply about our delivery pipeline being simple, reliable, consistent, and fast. You will be successful in this role if you have a deep love for automation, building scalable systems, embracing new technologies, and sharing with teammates.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer reports to the Manager, Site Reliability Engineering.
In your day-to-day, you will also:
- Monitor system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Support all Daxko software offerings and integrated third-party tools
- Collaborate on cases escalated to TechOps Support and build long-term solutions for recurring cases with automatable solutions.
- Identify and resolve technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
- Coordinate with agile development teams, DBAs, implementation, and support to ensure the production environment is healthy and stable
- Identify repetitive tasks and automate them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
- Build, support, and administer all aspects of Daxko's continuous product delivery pipeline
- Work with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Make it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy, and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
- Execute our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
- Mentor team members as a subject-matter expert
- Troubleshoot system jobs and services that fail and work with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency.
- Five (5+) years of related experience
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with modern git repo technologies (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab)
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, AWS)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline OR equivalent experience
- Problem-solving skills and attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Strong understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Strong understanding of serverless technologies (AWS Lambdas)
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with Containers and Orchestration (Docker, K8s, Rancher, EKS, ECS)
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies (Logicmonitor, Instana, NewRelic, Rapid7, CloudPassage, etc.)
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
- Experience developing or supporting C#, Java or Php applications
- General knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL preferred)
- Experience supporting NoSQL and caching systems (Redis, mongoDB, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, etc)
- Understanding of event-driven architecture and related systems (Kafka, Kenesis, SNS, Redshift)
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks.